A few days ago i ordered meehoon soup noodles. Its the simplest noodle dish you can get. OK so it was from a mamak shop more know for overfrying everything in second hand oil.
What came to me was noodles soaked in a greenish murky liquid. that tasted of dishwater.
yes i took a sip...
i passed on it and ordered some chicken which seemed to have been grilled zombie penis.
I went home made myself hot Milo, munched on some crachers and turned on wrestling while feeling sorry for myself.
So this resolution of mine?
To eat food prepared with pride and care.
Simple enough but it's going to cover:
1. Banning myself from these oasis of oil that are mamak stalls
2. NOT entering any fancy motherlover outlets that triple charge you for street food, hire Myanmarese workers who dont speak English with food that tastes like some cardboard clone straight out from Willy Wonka's armpit.
3. Now the tough part - i will have to learn how to cook. Which means i have to exced my culinary tour de force of boiled egg and instant noodles...
4. Admit that i am now an old dog and i have the stomach of an old mutt - no acidic mood, foods that cause gas, curries or oily stuff. and booze.
5. Which means this is where i give up my day job and move into a monastery in Nepal and live on snowflake porridge...